Custom Animal Paintings from your Photographs (UK & international delivery).
A timeless tribute to your own pet or a unique and special gift
About my Pet Portraits
I aim to capture the individuality and personality of your pet. I use traditional painting methods to create a realistic likeness, which is at the same time, more expressive than photo-realism. My goal is not to paint every hair, which can sometimes create a static and soulless painting. I am interested in the unique expression and character that comes across, the particular softness or alertness of the eyes. A portrait of your pet is a unique and personal piece of art, something made with feeling and insight.
As an animal lover, it gives me huge satisfaction to be able to create a lasting memory of a much-loved pet.
I have been drawing for most of my life and have over fifteen years professional experience in painting custom pet portraits and a BTEC diploma in fine art. It was a fascination with animals that first inspired me to draw as a child.
I paint animals of all shapes, breeds and sizes! Whether you are looking to commission a dog portrait, or a horse portrait, or a prize sheep (it has been known), my pet portraits are available in different sizes and styles, including watercolour illustrations, pen sketches, acrylic, to give you plenty of choice.
Ordering a Bespoke Pet Portrait
I paint affordable pet portraits or bespoke illustrations from good quality photographs for your total convenience. I also accept international orders. I will advise you on what sort of photographs I need and have provided a guide on how to take and submit these.
For details of approximate prices, please have a look at my pet portrait prices, but you will need to contact me for a firm quotation based on your personalised pet portrait requirements. If you are on a tight budget, you can find examples of original dog, cat and horse paintings for sale in my shop, featuring various breeds.
If you have an important completion date in mind, e.g. if the portrait is to be a birthday gift, then I will arrange to complete and post your portrait within the required deadline* and help you to keep it all a surprise!
*deadline will be subject to prior agreement
Hand Drawn & Painted with Care & Experience
There are so many pet portrait artists to choose from in the UK. We each have our own style and unique skills. My animal portraits are completely hand drawn or hand painted with great care and observation. I work in various media using traditional drawing and painting methods. With conservation in mind, I use only quality materials. You can be sure you are commissioning a unique, lasting, hand drawn piece of animal art if you order custom animal paintings from me.
I have had many years experience of painting beloved pets and many happy customers. To ensure your complete satisfaction with your custom pet portrait, I offer the opportunity to alter the completed pet portrait where possible and a limited returns policy for further assurance (terms apply). I am transparent about pricing and there are no hidden costs.
Would you like to know more about ordering a personalised pet portrait?
- Portrait Options and Media
- FAQs on Ordering a Pet Portrait.
- Terms and Conditions for Pet Portrait Orders.
Lead Times for Personalised Pet Portrait Orders. How long does it take?
Please expect to allow 2-4 weeks for completion of your personalised pet portrait as I have a waiting list. This may depend on your choice of medium.
If this is not possible, I will do my best to accommodate your order but please note that orders are placed on a first come first served basis, on receipt of the deposit and suitable photographs, so it is advisable to book and put down your deposit early to avoid disappointment.
Commissioning a Pet Portrait: The Next Step
- Please contact me using the following email address:
to discuss your portrait preferences and requirements and email two or three detailed photos of the subject.
I will confirm if the images will be clear enough to work from, or if I will require further images.
I have included some advice on taking photographs for artistic reference for pet portraits and how to send the photographs in this guide.
Please check your spam folder if you don’t receive a prompt reply.
- We will discuss your preferences and needs and, once we are decided, I will quote based on your requirements. If you are happy to proceed, you will receive an invoice and will be asked to pay the deposit before work can commence. The non-refundable deposit is payable in advance to be offset against price of finished work. This will amount to 50% of the agreed price and, once cleared, secures your booking and my commitment to any agreed deadline.
- Once your pet portrait is completed, I will email you a clear photograph to ensure that you are happy (I may also consult your opinion of progress pre-completion). At this stage, I am happy to make minor alterations, where possible and reasonable. I will then send a photograph of the agreed amendments and offer a final opportunity to alter the picture to your liking if you are not entirely satisfied (please see terms).
- Once remaining payment (including postage) is received in full, pet portraits will be posted at cost via special delivery or insured courier service. International delivery is also available at cost.
Gift vouchers are available for those who are short of time. These are redeemable against custom pet portrait orders or can be spent on items my online store, where you might just be lucky enough to find an original painting that resembles your pet!
Tip: I always recommend using the services of a professional framer to show the painting at its very best and help preserve it using acid-free materials.