Custom Animal Paintings from your Photographs (UK and international delivery)
How to Order a Bespoke Pet Portrait
My pet portraits are available in a variety of media, sizes and styles, including watercolour illustrations, pen sketches, acrylic, to give you plenty of choice.
I can paint affordable pet portraits or bespoke illustrations from good quality photographs for your total convenience and affordability. I will advise you on what sort of photographs I need and have provided a guide on how to take and submit these.
For details of approximate prices, please have a look at my pet portrait prices, but you will need to contact me for a firm quotation based on your personalised pet portrait requirements. If you are on a tight budget, you can find examples of original dog, cat and horse paintings for sale in my shop, featuring various breeds.
If you have an important completion date in mind, e.g. if the portrait is to be a birthday gift, then (workload permitting and subject to prior agreement) I will arrange to complete and post your portrait within the required deadline.
I have been drawing for most of my life and have over fifteen years professional experience in painting custom pet portraits and a BTEC diploma in fine art. It was a fascination with animals that first inspired me to draw as a child.
As an animal lover, it gives me huge satisfaction to be able to create a timeless memory of a much-loved pet.
I aim to capture individuality and personality of your pet. For me, a good animal portrait achieves something that a photograph or a photo-realist copy cannot. The goal should not simply be to paint every hair, which can sometimes create a static and soulless painting. A successful pet portrait will strike a balance between good observation and artistic expression.
Animals have subtle facial expressions just as people do. A good portrait captures the particular softness or alertness of the eyes and the unique character of the animal. It is a unique and personal piece of art, something made with feeling and insight.
Hand Drawn & Painted with Care & Experience
There are many pet portrait artists to choose from in the UK. My animal portraits are completely hand drawn or hand painted and I work in various media to offer more choice. I use traditional drawing and painting methods and, with conservation in mind, I use quality materials. You can be sure you are commissioning a unique, lasting, hand drawn piece of animal art if you order custom animal paintings from me.
I work from your photos to make the pet portraits affordable and available, wherever you are in the UK. I also accept international orders. Whilst I love drawing from life, working from photographs helps me to achieve a more detailed, realistic likeness than would be practical from live observation from a moving animal.
I have had many years experience of painting beloved pets and many happy customers. To ensure your complete satisfaction with your custom pet portrait, I offer the opportunity to alter the completed pet portrait where possible and a limited returns policy for further assurance (terms apply). I am transparent about pricing and there are no hidden costs.
Would you like to know more about ordering a personalised pet portrait?
- Portrait Options and Media
- Guide to taking and sending your photographs
- Terms and Conditions for Pet Portrait Orders.
Commissioning a Pet Portrait: The Next Step.
So you’d like to go ahead or learn more?
- Please get in touch to discuss your pet portrait preferences and requirements and email two or three detailed photos of the subject. I will confirm if the images will be clear enough to work from, or if I will require further images, and if the pose would work as a composition. I have included some advice on taking photographs for artistic reference for pet portraits and how to send the photographs in this guide.
- We will discuss your preferences and agreed deadline and, once we are decided, I will quote based on your requirements. If you are happy to proceed, you will receive an invoice and will be asked to pay the deposit before work can commence.
- The non-refundable deposit is payable in advance to be offset against price of finished work. This will amount to 50% of the agreed price and, once cleared, secures your booking and my commitment to any agreed deadline.
- Once I am satisfied that finished pet portrait is completed, I will email you a clear photograph to ensure that you are happy (I may also consult your opinion of progress pre-completion). At this stage, I am happy to make minor alterations, where possible and reasonable. I will then send a photograph of the agreed amendments and offer a final opportunity to alter the picture to your liking if you are not entirely satisfied (please see terms).
- Once remaining payment (including postage) is received in full, pet portraits will be posted at cost via special delivery or insured courier service. International delivery is also available at cost.
Timescales for Personalised Pet Portrait Orders. How long does it take?
Please expect to allow 2-3 weeks for completion of your personalised pet portrait and up to 2 months during the busy Christmas period as I have a waiting list. If this is not possible, I will do my best to accommodate your order but please note that orders are placed on a first come first served basis, on receipt of the deposit and suitable photographs, so it is advisable to book and put down your deposit early to avoid disappointment.
Gift vouchers are available for those who are short of time. These are redeemable against custom pet portrait orders or can be spent on items my online store, where you might just be lucky enough to find an original painting that resembles your pet!
If you intend to get the pet portrait framed, I would recommend allowing another couple of weeks minimum but this will depend upon the framer you use. I always recommend using the services of a professional framer to show the painting at its very best and help preserve it using acid-free materials.